Today’s post is short. Really short.
I’ve revised my About page, to accurately reflect where I am in my life, right now. It is sort of replacing this week’s blog post (I missed last week).
This week, I’d like to share a list of what’s going on with me.
- I have recently realized that my focus on eating the right foods and losing weight have pretty much been my obsession for the last 12 years.
- My focus on food and weight loss kept me distracted from what was going on inside.
- I have gained back any weight I lost on my mission to lose 40 lbs between January and July 1 of 2022. I have dropped that goal.
- The weight-loss goal, deadlines, taking pictures of everything I ate (although helpful in many ways) turned out to enhance the pressure I was putting on myself. They also served as distractions.
- My high standards and perfectionist tendencies are rooted in limiting beliefs, which I’m now discovering.
- I’m shifting gears to focus my energy on what I believe to be the most important aspect of our lives: our thoughts.
If you haven’t yet read the About page, check it out; it may give you something to think about in your own life.
Live your true life,