Woman. Mother. Wife. Teacher. Imperfect Human.
Is this site what you’re looking for?
You’re in the right place if you know you need to make some changes. Somewhere in your life. On a daily basis, we balance multiple facets of “me”, but we usually struggle and wobble in and out of one or more of these life areas:
If you’re here, parts of your life might be dim, with barely a spark of fire or energy. There may be a glimmer, but you can see it’s beginning to fade. You might be aware of something missing in your life, or noticed something’s off, only recently, or you might know something hasn’t been working for years.
You might be so unhappy, that you feel lost, stuck or overwhelmed. You don’t know what to do, or if you do know, you’re not sure if you have what it takes.
So, why will this site help you?
I deeply believe each of us chooses the life we have.
Ok…hold on before you yell at me!
There are probably things in your life that you’re pretty sure you don’t choose at all, but if you take some time to explore the ideas on this site, you might discover the secret most people don’t know:
Every hour, day, week, month and year we make decisions. The key to happiness is reflecting on those decisions and then MAKING CHANGES when they’re not working.
I’m not talking about decisions like picking the right pair of jeans or the right insurance policy. I’m talking about the BIG stuff that really contributes to the life you have.
The BIG stuff includes:
- How you choose to live your life on a daily basis, which includes your routines and your job
- How you choose to talk to yourself and to the people around you
- How you feel and choose to act with your spouse, kids, family and friends
- How you choose to spend your money
- The job/career you choose to do
- How you choose to look at life in general (attitude)
- The lifestyle you choose
- The foods you choose
- The thoughts, words and actions you choose
When you look over that list, see if there’s an area where you have absolutely no choice. It may feel like you’re stuck and have no options.
- It may feel like you have no choice in your job. You feel stuck and don’t think you can leave it for a variety of reasons.
- It may feel like you have no choice but to stay with your spouse. You aren’t happy, or the relationship is no longer working, and you don’t think you can or should end the relationship.
- It may feel like you’ll never lose the weight…you’ve been trying forever, and in fact, you just keep getting heavier.
- It may seem like you’ll have to tolerate your toxic sister or father for eternity, even though you can hardly stand being around them. You can’t see any way out of family.
- It may seem like your health issues have spiraled out of control, and there’s nothing you can do. The doctors have told you to take the pills or suffer. You see no relief in sight.
- It may seem like your debt is so huge, you can’t even imagine how long it will take to pay them off. You feel overwhelmed and just don’t see how you can deal with it.
It’s ok if you don’t believe that you can make changes in your life to become happier. That’s why I created this site.
To help you learn what I already know: YOU CAN make changes, and you CAN make your life better.
I hope you will join me on your journey to a better, happier you.
So, why me? Why do I think I can be a resource for you?
Because I’ve learned how to be happier. Over the years, I’ve read or listened to books, watched videos, taken risks, tried things that worked and tried things that did work, reflected, talked, wrote and searched for ideas to help me dump the crappy stuff in my life and add in more of the good stuff.
My life is so much better now. I don’t feel bad about the things I’m not successful at, and I don’t dwell on things that aren’t working as much anymore.
To be clear….I’m NOT perfect. Whew! That would be super boring. I make mistakes all the time, but I try my best to learn from them. I pay attention to what works for me.
In fact, this blog has had two different focuses over the years. The first, started in 2013, was about seeking optimal health and the second, started in the spring of 2019, was designed to help parents create more balanced, happier lives for themselves and their families. Most of those previous posts are gone now because I wanted a fresh start.
I don’t know about you, but I love a fresh start!
Do I feel like a failure? No way. It’s actually awesome that it took two attempts at a blog before I finally figured out that I wanted to help people find their inner power, so they could have a happier life.
I’m proud that I took a risk and just went for it. I gained experience blogging and rediscovered my love of writing. What I didn’t do was sit back and wait for things to be perfect. What I didn’t do was worry about what other people would think.
Other tidbits about Me
- I’m in my mid-fifties. I’ve learned from my past and gained wisdom along the way.
- I’m the child of two divorces; I know what it’s like to live in a dysfunctional family.
- I’m happily divorced and happily remarried.
- I’ve raised an independent daughter who knows and uses her own voice.
- I have 15 years of teaching experience.
- I’m a lifelong learner. I’m not perfect and believe none of us should aim for perfection. I do my best, whenever possible and know that you do too.
- I have long believed that we choose our life and that ultimately, if it IS to be, it’s up to me.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. I look forward to helping you discover your own insights to lead you to a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life.
Updated Sept. 15, 2019